Contest Submission Details
Submissions will be accepted until midnight EST on Friday, March 31st, 2017.
The 9th annual contest challenges Canadian students & teachers to showcase their idea’s on the future ready classroom. Give your students’ voice by having them collaborate and create a short pitch video, 2 – 3 minutes in length, showcasing the classroom of tomorrow. Embrace 150 year’s of Canadian history with a vision on the future.
|Advanced Education||Copernicus TEC500C and a DCS1A|
Microsoft Teacher Professional Development
Guided by a qualified education trainer, you will receive a two-hour session for teachers (and/or students) to learn how to enhance student education with technology; find out how to get free tools that spark imagination; and much more.
|C21 Canada||C21 Spiral Playbook: School Set|
Powered by SMART Learning Suite (one-year subscription included)
their students, and teacher/admin accounts for the teacher(s).
Secondary Winner – mBot Robot & Add on Pack
|Dell||Latitude 3189 Series 2-in-1 Tablet|
|MindShare Learning||Two (2) VIP passes to the 8th Annual Canadian EdTech Leadership Summit 2017 at MaRSDD|
|The Padcaster||Padcaster Case; Lens Bracket with 72-58mm step-down ring; .45 wide-angle lens, Padcaster YT-1300 unidirectional microphone; Dual mic and headphone cable; Four (4) lens bracket mounting screws; One (1) custom camera cage screw; One (1) cold shoe adapter.|
|Fresh Grade||FreshGrade learning platform helps teachers plan their lessons, assess their students, document their work, provide personalized instruction, visualize student mastery based on standards and report student work and comprehension to their parents in the form of ePortfolios.|
|Steelcase Education||3 Verb Teacher’s desks (deluxe, with rotating work surface, book box, plug strip) plus a node stool for each.|
|STEM Learning Lab||Humanoid EZ Robot (Western Only), plus two (2) lessons & training||BOSCH||BOSCH Dremel 3D Printer|
How Will Prizes Be Awarded?
professional learning) valued at over $10,000.00 for each school. Sponsors will ship prize packages directly to the winning schools. Prizes are intended for utilization at the respective winning schools and not considered the teacher’s personal winnings.
The judges are comprised of a MindShare Learning Report representative (1), MindShare Learning Board member (2) and last year’s contest winners (3). The judging criteria rubrics, used by the judges, will be based on C21 Canada’s 7 C’s of 21st Century Learning. This rubric can be found below.
7 C’s of 21st Century Learning
- Creativity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Critical Thinking
- Culture and Ethical Citizenship
- Computer and Digital Technologies
Source: 7 C’s of 21st Century Learning Page 10
Open to full-time K-12 educators working in a publicly funded Canadian School and holding a valid teaching certificate.
- Teachers must seek approval from their school principal to participate.
- Group submissions (teachers and students) by a school are permitted and encouraged.
- Submissions must be in video format and uploaded to YouTube.
- The Submission can be no more than three (3) minutes in length and contain no copyrighted material.
- All submitted video intros must include; the Mindshare Learning Technology logo, the name of the contest and the Canada 150 logo.
- Please seek appropriate approvals from video participants in the event your submission is successful and we wish to showcase your video.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. There is no cash value.
- Winners must be prepared to participate in award ceremonies and agree to their photo being published.*For further info please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org